Growing up around schizophrenic alcoholics, I deeply value the truth. I really like honest people. I am very sensitive to the things people say that aren't exactly lies but also aren't the truth.
Thirteen things people say that mean something else.
Thursday Thirteen #3:
1. "Will you excuse me for a moment?" Actual meaning: I'm running away as fast as I possibly can.
2. "No you don't look fat." Actual meaning: I do not want to have an honest conversation with you because I won't (a) get laid, (b) look as hot standing next to you, or (c) get another moment of peace.
3. "What a pretty baby." Actual meaning: Your baby looks like a potato. Even the genetically blessed Shiloh Jolie Pitt looked like a potato when she was an infant.
4. "I don't mind if you: smoke, fart, belch, swear, (fill in the blank)." Actual meaning: I'm going to judge you, write about you in my blog, post a video of your inappropriate behavior on YouTube and make fun of you behind your back. That's Ok, right?
5. "I'm sorry, I have to take this call." Actual meaning: (a) I'm trying to impress you by showing you how important I am, (b) You bore the crap out of me, or (c) My wife/husband/partner is on the phone.
6. "I'm sure you're right." Actual meaning: Please stop talking.
7. "I'm tired too." Actual meaning: I'm tired of hearing this lame excuse.
8. "No officer, I didn't drink tonight." Actual meaning: I can't tell I'm drunk. Why should you?
9. "I'll do anything to keep my kids." Actual meaning: I'll do anything except get off drugs, stop seeing the man who molested them, stop beating them, quit drinking, get a job, (fill in the blank).
10. "How interesting!" Actual meaning: You are a complete idiot.
11. "We don't need a condom." Actual meaning: I don't give a crap about you. If you catch something or get pregnant, it's your problem.
12. "That? (pointing to: porn, drugs, girlfriend/boyfriend, fill in the blank) It's not mine." Actual meaning: I think you are an idiot.
13. "We should see a marriage counselor to work on our marriage." Actual meaning: I've already filled out the divorce papers. I'm just looking for someone to drive the nails into this coffin.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It?s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen ParticipantsVisit Other Thursday Thirteen:1. Kat's Kracker Box 2. Vicki Gaia3. Book Wyrm Knits4. QT Pies5. Mom Works at Home6. Moon Dancer Drake7. She became a butterfly8. Misa Gracie 9. Cindy Swanson10. Buck Naked Politics 11. Looking Towards Heaven12.? Joy is my goal13.? A Gentleman's Domain14. Sweet 'n Sassy Girl? -----