I was tagged by No Nonsense Girl to reveal 7 Random and/or Weird Facts about Me meme.
Like there's only seven.... ;)
1. I learned to read when I was 2 1/2 years old. I was under a significant amount of stress and surrounded by books. Sitting on my caretaker's lap, I started to read.
2. I read by symbol. Because I learned to read on my own, I read by symbol not letter. Each word is a unique symbol but not a sound. If I have to read out loud, I must translate in my head then speak.
3. While we're on the topic of reading, because I read by symbol, I can read words that are upside down, sideways. In other words, if it's a word, I can read it. You cannot imagine how useful this is at museums, concerts or reading anything on someone's desk. You'd be surprised what you can learn by reading words that are upside down.
4. I rarely went to class in High School. I realized my first semester in high school that they compared the note signatures to the forms. My father didn't care if he signed the form or not. I signed his signature on every form from then on. I also signed copious number of slips for myself (and my little sister btw). I went to class to take the tests. I did the homework. But I mean really: free pass, boring class and beach or mountains minutes away. What would you do?
5. Dead people talk to me. I don't really know how to explain it. I thought that everyone could do it. Spirits are just like people. They have stories to tell and mischief to get up to. They talk to anyone who can hear them - just like people. For me, it's fairly random. If a spirit's there, they talk to me. I usually try to help them move on. In my experience, spirits hang around for 3 reasons: 1) they were so confused by dying that they missed the usual pattern. This happens in murders or sudden deaths. 2) They are frightened of what happens next. Or 3) They have something to say. Usually they want someone to know what happened to them. There was a spirit in our house who wanted me to know that she fell down the stairs and lay there (mostly unconscious but alone) for 3 days before she died. After she told me, then showed me how it happened, she moved on.
6. I like some really lame pop music. Right now, I'm quite fond of Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad album, particularly Rehab and Good Girl Gone Bad. Ne Yo's When You're Mad makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it. Ciara's Get Up is on my workout play list. I'm not sure why this music is lamer than Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, or any of the other bands I listen to. It just is. I like it anyway.
7. I light a yellow candle when I'm working. I love candles. In the last six months, I have taken to lighting a yellow candle near my computer. I just lit an orange and lemongrass candle. I am warmed by the yellow flame. Weird, but true.
Now the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they?ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.