Lindsey Williams recommended this recipe so highly, that we had to share! His favorite reformulated soul food recipe is Oven-Fried Chicken.
Oven Fried Chicken
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp kosher sale
2 tsp fresh black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cups plain yogurt
2 cups Special K Cerial, crushed with a rolling pin or in a food processor or coffee grinder
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large plastic bag, combine the thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake well. Add two breasts at a time to the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Continue until all the breasts are coated.
3. Place the yogurt in a larg bowl, and the cereal on a large plate. Dip each breast in the yogurt and then in the cereal. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet sprayed wiht nonstick cooking spray.
4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the chicken is brown and cooked through. Do not cover or tunr the chicken during the baking process.
5. When the chicken is completely cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
227 Calories - 32 g protein - 4g fat - 194 mg Sodium
From Neo Soul
by Lindsey Williams. Reprinted with permission from Avery -----