I was tagged by the unflappable Grace at Sandier Pastures. (She got it from Are We There Yet Mom .)If you haven't read her blog, it's worth a look see. She's living in Dubai and has a first hand view of the Middle East. Fascinating.
Now back to ME!
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
From ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture by AI and ER Root ( 1917)
"inability to be of any further use to the community"
Prophetic don't you think?
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can.
Yep I can stretch my arm out - both arms in fact! Do I get a prize??
I mean WTF does this question mean.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Um.... We had a TV.... Six or seven years ago.... It was in the basement. Then it got water damage from some plumb-tastrophy. The last time I SAW the TV it was in the dumpster behind our house.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
1:20 p.m. I know this because I looked just prior to this question... ooh psychic.
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
"So I'm not everything you wanted,
Need to be,
Sorry I'm ever disappointing,
I am not me."
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
This morning, I went to the garden to put some soil on my potato plants. I spent about an hour in the front yard dead heading my rose bushes.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
My navel. Icons for Denver Cereal.
9. What are you wearing?
Baggy blue shorts, gray tank undershirt. Sexy sexy, eh?
10. Did you dream last night?
I don't have dreams.
11. When did you last laugh?
The vet called to tell me about Rose's arthritis. We laughed at what a goof she is. (Rose now believes that she is 'injured' so she won't go down the stairs. With encouragement, you can see her face flash a kind of, 'oh, that was easy.' What a goof.)
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
We have this huge assessed wood self unit that surrounds the computer. It has a lot of different books - references for the novels, some books on writing, a magic 8 ball (of course), a tour of blank CDs, a roll of Open Grove Stickers. Hanging on the shelf is the Tarot card "the Star" and an "evil eye" protector. (Very long story)
13. Seen anything weird lately?
I am kind of weird. So things don't usually strike me as weird.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
I don't really get it, see #13.
15. What is the last film you saw?
Iron Man in the movie theaters. Just a second.... I have to check my Netflix account. Movies never really leave any impression on me.....
16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
An apartment overlooking the Seine... Ah hell, I'd probably join some venture capital group and start companies (one of my favorite things to do!).
17. Tell me something about you that few people dunno.
I had this amazing bunny - American Fuzzy Lop - named Willie. We found him on Seventeenth Street after someone had abused him then thrown him out. He was so bad, the vet didn't think he would make a year. He lived with us for four years. He never got over four and a half pounds, but man, he changed my life. After he died, a friend saw him in a vision quest. Willie was a guru in some Himalayan country. He was just that cool.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
I would rid the world of "us" vs. "them" thinking.
19. Do you like to dance?
I do like to dance - all kinds. I'm not very good, but I bring the boys to attention, if you know what I mean.
20. George Bush.
(blank stare) I have nothing to add to that conversation.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
My first girl character is called "Alexandra".
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
My first boy character is called "Maxwell".
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure - Paris, Spain, London, Majorca....