My Czech-girl-transplanted-to-Ohio blogging buddy, Ivanhoe, tagged me with the Make a Wish meme last week.
I haven't done it.
Because every Make a Wish has some save the world message. And sure, I want that.
But my heart is full to the brim with another desire, a life long fondest wish, and what I want more than anything. I feel selfish because that desire is about me, for me, for my life.
I don't lie. I just don't do it. Embarrassed, I've ignored the meme and hoped it would go away.
And it didn't.
So, here it is. Here's my heart's deepest longing:
1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart's desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the above wishing star flame across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.
3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on this picture:
4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to Linda at Are We There Yet? so that she can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.
If you don't currently have a graphics program and aren't sure how to put your message on the picture you can either download one for free (Linda used IrfanView which is an image viewer but also allows you to customize and optimize your pictures) or email Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell her what you're wishing for, and she'll customize the picture for you and email it back to you so that you can then post it.
Ivanhoe tagged:(She tagged: Kat's Krackerbox,It's a Shih-Tzu's Life, Brassy Apple, Conversations with my hairdryer, Pensieve, Quirky is a Compliment,Bleeding Espresso,Forever Daisies, Life through a Lens, My LA Blog, Viva Voce, I'm just Ducky Now!, Fully Alive...Ready to Smile, The Miss Elaine-ous Life, and
Sugar and Spice & little rice.)
I tag a few people who could use a wish: FuriousBall, Los Angelista, She became a butterfly, No Nonsense Girl, Mr. Fabulous, Miss Britt, Jameil, Heart in SF, Kevin Charnas, Squirrelly, Michelle at Lede me on and Michael C.