last night. Among the many, many inspirational gems, Rohn states that there are only about a half dozen things when, if focused on, will bring you success. If you spend 80% of your time focusing on these 6 things, you will be successful. So I thought:
What six things should I spent 80% of my time focusing on?
What 6 things will take me to where I want to go in my writing career? This is what I came up with:
1. Practice the craft : Writing is a skill. It must be practiced, worked at, and honed. I must continue to learn new words, new skills as I continue to strive to write well. I'll never be perfect, but I'll never stop learning, striving and trying.
2. Write about things people care about: That's a no brainer. I think people care about relationships, family, their health, resolving problems, and generating income as it affects the people they love. What do you think people care about?
3. Build a great support team: Content editors, copy editors, graphic artists, web programmers, the list goes on and on. If I learned anything this year, it is that I cannot do it all by myself.
4. Have interesting and easy to use websites: Nothing sucks more than a difficult to use website.
5. Let people know about the writing: This is that marketing piece. It's not my favorite of the six thing, but it's probably the most necessary.
6. Never ever give up. Or at least don't give up for too long! ;)
What are the six things that will you focus on?